Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Lesson Plan Books

I've tried a variety of ways to keep files and plans, and for me using binders has been the easiest and best organized when teaching 7 periods. I keep a three-ring binder for each month. On the outside I label the book using free Chevron patterns provided by Teachers pay Teachers. On the inside, I use a Table I created in Word. One column is for the period, class name, and time. The second column is for lesson notes, and the third column is for the objective. The lesson portion is not a full-out 5E lesson plan; it's simply what I need, which are steps and reminders about the full lesson. Also, regarding the objectives, sometimes I write SWBAT ..... and write a legit objective. These are MY guides for lessons, though, and sometimes I find it easier to just write the topic in the objective column. I can skim through pages later and see what topic we were on and find things quickly.
I use one page (front & back) for each day's lessons.

Within my binder, I have a pocket tab for each week. 5 Lesson Plan pages are behind each week. Resources, tests with keys, worksheets, more detailed schedules, etc. are behind the LP Schedule pages. The first one of each group is tabbed with the grade, either a 6, 7, or 8.

Here is an example of a resource page within a Grade 6 Tab.

These are what my monthly lesson plan binders look like. It becomes my filing system.

No comments:

Post a Comment