Saturday, August 3, 2013

Writer's Workshop Notes
















I have six classes--two 6th grade (6A, 6B), two for 7th grade, and two for 8th grade. Using one nice file folder per class, I tape down large index cards, from the bottom of the inside of the folder, up. I stagger them enough to write the students' names on the portion that shows.

During conference time, I only need one file folder. As each student in a group of 3 or 4 shares, I can jot down what genre each is writing, what stage of the writing process he or she is in, and a + sign for strengths and a - for one or two things the student wants to work on.

This refreshes my memory to keep track on everyone's progress. It's a great reference, as well, when parents ask questions. I can answer with specifics about that student's progress in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment